AD&D - Large Boxed Sets
From Lost Minis Wiki
About the Range
Grenadier released the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Figureline in 1980 as an officially licensed product from TSR Hobbies Inc. The AD&D - Large Boxed Sets contained models in 25mm scale. Some of the models in this range came from the older Wizzards and Warriors - Large Boxed Sets. The set numbers and many of the models in the AD&D series were later reused in the Dragon Lords - Fantasy Boxed Sets range after Grenadier lost the AD&D license. See also Action Art Series (Grenadier).
5001 Dungeon Explorers
- This set is identical to Dragon Lords 5001 Dungeon Explorers.
- Some of this set came from the older Wizzards and Warriors WW02 Monsters.
- A few of this set migrated to Dragon Lords 5002 Monsters.
5003 Woodland Adventurers
5004 Tomb Of Spells
- Box Insert 1 is taken as the baseline: it used numbers for the models; insert 3 switched to letters.
- 4 figures are unique to this set: the rest came from WW08 or moved on to Dragon Lords 5004
- 5004 19: the six-legged spider appears on Box Inserts 1 & 2; Box Insert 3 shows the eight-legged spider.
5009 Dragon's Lair
- This set included "a packet of 'gems' including a large gem for holding".